- We believe the Bible is God’s Word. It’s the standard for right and wrong, and because God’s truth is necessary for us to know and follow, it is central to all we do at Bethel.
- We believe there are three persons in the Godhead: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God.
- We believe that God created man in His image.
- We believe that since the sin of Adam and Eve, all people are separated from a relationship with God because of their personal sinfulness, and are therefore under His judgement.
- We believe that Jesus was both God and man, and that by the perfect sacrifice of Himself on the cross and His resurrection, paid the penalty for our sin.
- We believe that salvation is the gracious work of God in which He reconciles sinful people to Himself.
- We believe that the forgiveness of sin is available to all people as a free gift.
- We believe that the gift of forgiveness and eternal life is received by faith (belief plus trust). God calls on people to believe the bad news of their sinfulness, believe the good news (Gospel) that Jesus died for their sins and that He was raised from the dead and then to trust Jesus alone for salvation.
- We believe the local church is a family of believers who seek to love God with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their mind and with all their strength; and to love their neighbor as themselves.
Articles of Faith and Principles of Order
Bethel Bible Fellowship church uses the BFC denomination “Faith and Order” (F&O) not in substitution for, but in subordination to the Word of God. These standards have been received as being based on the Scriptures; even the elements not drawn directly from the Word have been acknowledged as based on the general rules and tenor of the Word. These standards seek to provide an effective means for the application of the teaching of the Scriptures to the faith, worship, government, and discipline of the church. Although these standards have been acknowledged to be of lesser importance than the inspired words of the Scriptures, they cannot be neglected without resulting in serious impairment of the life of the church. To download a PDF versions of the 2016 BFC Articles of Faith or BFC Principles of Order click on either of the images in the sidebar.